Tuesday, September 21, 2010

JOB SEARCH SITES SUCK PICKLED MILKSHAKES!

Hey job search sites, YOU SUCK PICKLED MILKSHAKES!!

I have been doing job searches daily on various job search sites. I accomplish very little. Here is a typical scenario that JUST happened AGAIN today. Yes I will use real names here.I went on to indeed.com, found a potential job to apply to that does fall into a particular niche career that I have had. Until today I had not heard of indeed.com but someone from the unemployment office suggested it. So I click on the big shiny "Apply Now" button...WHOA... wait, what? Now I am at the log-in screen of snagajob.com. That's not what I wanted. So to continue further, to be ABLE to apply to he job I now have to sign up for snagajob.com. This means filling out all the same info as a job application, including uploading my resume. Yes, this process IS annoying! Here is where I really start to boil. Now that I have filled out essentially a job application, I can finally go to the job I was trying to apply for. So now I have to enter all the same info I JUST entered moments ago. Ok people, we HAVE the technology... when I am logged on to a job search (and I use that term loosely) site and I click "Apply Now" you have all the info the application is looking for, please auto-fill! I am really tired of doing 2 applications per job. So now that I have "applied" for said job, I get about 6 emails a day from each of these "job search" sites. Guess what they are sending me? Resume services, tips on resumes, tips on how to FIND a job(?) tips on how to interview, (and my favorite) ads, for schools, for job training. Ok, when you have been unemployed as long as I have (14 months) there is NO money for school. School is NOT income, school is NOT a job, school is NOT a career. Please stop sending me advertisements for schools when I am (obviously) looking for EMPLOYMENT! In 3 hrs time, I can average 3 jobs successfully applied to. This is supposed to be more efficient? I think I'll stick to craigslist.org at least they dont have me sign up for another site every time I click on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment