Friday, September 24, 2010

Progress!

News Everyone! (said in the voice of a certain Futurama character)
I have a job interview next week in MA! YAY, one step closer to getting up there. The best part is that it is also in Fire Protection, maybe not design/engineering, but I can work on them about that. They have no designer, they sub out their work to someone else. They are looking for Sprinkler and Fire Alarm sales. Kinda scared, I have never done that before. Oddly, talking to Peter Snow of S & S Fire Service was strangly confident. He had just seen my resume this morning and immediately called me as my resume "intrigued" him. He feels very confident that, with my background in fire protection that I would be very trainable for sales. Well shit! i'm glad he is confident! LOL Its a fairly new company, which is good, I have had a better time with the young companies than i have had with the establish "old guard" companies that have been around for 100+ years (yes there are a few of those in this business and I have worked for 3 of them). This does narrow down my search area for housing also. It is a little further away from NH than I wanted to be, but only 1 hour 40 min away from the area of NH that I will be going to often. This also helps in looking for Part Time work as an EMT too, I will know what ambo companies to look around at. Its no a lock, I dont have the job yet, but strangely I have a better chance of getting this job than I did getting a part time gig for $8/hr at Target, go figure!
Well, of to go have fun! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment