Saturday, October 9, 2010

To Kilt Or Not To Kilt


That is the question. I will be ordering a kilt, very soon. I have recently learned that I have choices. This is good. Choices of who to order from, choices of when & where to wear said Kilt. Nor this is not your grandfathers tartan, no... no formal plaid, pipe & drum band kilts here, I am speaking of Utility Kilts. The wonderful hybrid between cargo pants, and kilt. Typically constructed of some heavier duty material and bearing cargo pockets. There are some without adornments, or accessories, just the pockets and a label. There are some with the pockets and buckles & straps & snaps, looks utilitarian, looks kinda... steampunk-ish in a way. That would be the Kilt This kilt. That brings me the choice of when & where to wear the kilt. Every day, everywhere!! Yes, that is the only practical solution! Well maybe. There is work. I plan to be working in an office environment. I may have to ease them into the unbifurcated lifestyle slowly, like wearing it to an interview? Well, that is one of those times where they will either hire me right there, no questions asked, or they will not even proceed with the interview and show me the door (their loss). Tough decision. This decision is made easier by the style of kilt. Cargo pockets are not office attire. So I would choose the Kilt This kilt with the pockets on the inside, for a cleaner less 'cargo' look. Now, there is Kilt This's standard kilt (which looks kick-ass by the way) which would be for every day wear outside the office or in a more casual office.
I recently found Kilt This, purely by mistake, sorta. I was on twitter, and tweeted about possibly ordering a kilt (from someone else) I really did not know there was more than one maker of utility kilts. Soon after that I was tweeted at by Kiltthis. Ok, so who is this and why are they tweeting at me. I did what anyone else does, I looked at the profile. WINNER!! New place to go kilt shopping! Kilt conversation ensued. Marketing genius! (it worked on me). So if you are into kilts, or guys who wear kilts, follow them on twitter, and go check out www.kiltthis.com.

So, yes, wear the kilt everyday, everywhere. Be a man, take your pants off!

2 comments:

  1. For this, I give you a rousing "hell yeah!" I wear my kilts everyday I am not at work. Stupid corporation I work for has everyone in pants, male or female, provided by said corp. Sux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear my kilt to my Government IT job sometimes...it's very liberating.

    ReplyDelete