Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Making It Work #2 10 13 2010

Double standards suck. Basically, do not do something, that you would get mad at someone else for doing. Ya, that is what My Love is doing. I have to *behave*. So what does that mean? If I were to go out late at night to have some drinks with a woman who was an 'old friend' and make even a small attempt to not tell My Love about it, would that, from the outside, look like a date? Yes, it would even if it was not. Would that cause her to mistrust me? Would that cause her to doubt me? Yes and yes. It is the attempt at hiding it that raises the most assumptions. *Behaving* would mean not talking to certain people, not seeing other people and obviously, respecting the fact that while separated, we are still married which I am doing. Do these rules apply to both of us?

I have been asked if I want to "make this work." Well, obviously I do. I just need to see some reason from My Love to want to make this work. Tonight I was shown a reason to question it. I was shown a reason to question many things.
Yes she can go out with friends, but when she extends a courtesy to someone else that she could not even give to me, yes, I am going to wonder, I am going to have doubts is she wants to "make this work."

So what do i do? Do the same thing that she does just to prove a point about double standards? No. I am better than that, and also, there would be a trust issue there (justified or not). I have been giving her reasons to trust me. I expect the same. I do not want to give her reasons to doubt me. I will not do to her, what she does to me. No double standards.

I love you Sunshine.
Please show me a reason to want to make this work, and I will make this work. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment