Monday, November 15, 2010

Last Fire, Last Night Out

Too many pics to add here, but here are some links:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2069581&id=1300364541
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2069584&id=1300364541

We had our last big fire in the pit last night. Was kinda bittersweet, it was fun with friends, food wine, then some quiet time with Mrs. Carlson by the fire. That part was slightly difficult. No more will we have the quiet privacy of being able to do that. We are moving on, Northbound if you will. This closes the chapter on this grand adventure and opens a new one. I can only hope for many more. We are now in the final stages of packing, (and lacking ambition at that too) as we are picking up the rental truck tomorrow and so starts the task of loading and finishing packing up what is left. It will be difficult leaving the driveway for the last time. It was home. It no longer feels that way, and has not for a while now. There is a feeling of "we dont belong here anymore" while here. The best way to describe it is this: while out and about, I have plans and energy and ambition to get things done, the moment I walk through the door all of that is gone. I look around and wonder where to begin and then just dont begin...
We are meant to leave this place. I do not like the fact that it will not be sold, but in other ways, I love the way WE are leaving here. I could not ask for more (thank you Volante, I love you, always).

2 nights ago we had a great night out with friends too. We went to Tir Na Nog in Raleigh for a few drinks and some good live music. Got heckled by the band, had interesting bathroom conversations and new answers to old questions. Ok, so now you are wondering "What..?" I shall explain.
First, as I returned from outside after a slightly awkward conversation with a dear friend, Volatne was waiting inside up near the front by the band. I walked up to her, spun her around and attacked her with a great kiss! The band [My 3 Kilts, Scott, Robert and Shane] noticed. Scott - "Just walk right up and kiss her on the mouth eh?" Me - "but she's my wife!" Robert - "somebody throw some water on them!"
While outside later, was talking to a seriously over dressed guy about my kilt and this is how it went: Over Dressed Guy - "so what DO you wear under the kilt?" Me - (after a bit of a pause with a smile) "my wife's lipstick" Over Dressed Guy - [shock and awe].
Much later on I ran into Robert (from My 3 Kilts) in the mens room. There was much drunken talk of Kilts and boots while at the urinal which continued on after hand washing and back out to the bar (Robert, I WILL get back to all 3 of you about playing in Boston or Manchester NH). Ya it was awkward, but fun, I liked his kilt.

It was 3 of us, mostly for the night, my self, Volante and our good dear friend Natalie.

Good times were had by all.

Another link of pictures from Tir Na Nog
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2069587&id=1300364541

A most excellent way to close things here and with that, I shall close this post.

Good Bye from NC, most likely my next entry will be from NH.

-Phoenix Fire

4 comments:

  1. Mostly....by proxy!!!!! That night was really fun...I am really glad I stuck around(mostly...LMAO).

    I am happy to have been able to hang out with you guys. Maybe I will get to again sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully so! You and Dorene both! We will miss you both! Great fun to hang out with. Its not THAT far of a drive LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if I head to NY, I will take the 5 hour detour, how about that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that works! well the depends on where in NY and where we are when you get there. As always, our door is always open to our friends.

    ReplyDelete